In my last post on exercise, I mentioned that one of my goals for 2014 was to add in regular exercise. Well, since the beginning of the year, I have worked out in some fashion everyday. This is good, because I have a hard time making it to 1 week, let alone 2.
In order to get to my goal weight, I have 24 pounds left to lose. 24. It doesn’t sound like much, considering I have lost 120. But I feel like this is the hardest to lose. It probably isn’t really. I am just excited and anxious to get to the magical weight of 130. The weight I have been visualizing for the past 2.5 years. I would prefer not to take another year to get off the last 24. Ideally, I would like to hit it on April 1st. My son’s birthday. The day I was at my highest weight ever.
I am stuck.
Tired. And frankly I am having a hard time imagining myself being a regular exerciser like this for the rest of my life…
I am half considering a few options. Most of them are not-sustainable, and would be a VERY bad idea….for more than 1 reason. Please remind me that they are dumb.
1. HCG-I have seen several friends lose a significant amount of weight in 3 weeks on this plan, but only a few of them have kept it off. My issue with this option is that statistically people lost the same on just a restricted calorie diet, vs. HCG+diet. I also have no desire to put weird hormones into my body.
2. Jumpstart to Skinny-Probably the best option for me although I haven’t mustered up the willpower to start for real again. It wasn’t easy. But I have kept the weight off. 🙂
3. Ridiculous amounts of exercise everyday. Hmmm. Probably not the best option for me.
4. Eating only cabbage soup for a month. Yeah. Gross.
5. The “Master Cleanse”….ew. Again with the gross.
Okay, so honestly I would realistically only do #2 on this list…MAYBE #1. Maybe. But probably not. I told you I wasn’t into fads didn’t I? I can understand why people get to a point of desperation to just lose those last few pounds. I can understand the level of frustration when the scale won’t move. But the longer journey is worth it. It makes it a lifestyle diet, and not a short-term, fleeting diet. It makes the weight stay away longer, not come back in an instant.
So although I have 24 left to lose, I am promising that I won’t do anything harmful or dumb, or unrealistic to get there. Even if it takes me all year….