As a new mom, I can see how easy it is to focus on everyone, and everything else, especially if you’re a w mom who also works outside the home. I’m a working mommy. I have a full-time job, I run a small business, and I take care of my family and my house. But sometimes, I just need time for me. I love my husband, my jobs, and of course my son. But I think I would go a little nuts if I never took time for me. It helps that I have a supportive husband, and I know that’s not always the case for one reason or another. Whatever your situation, here are some simple ways that I have come up with that you can take a break, and get some time for you. Really, they are ways I get time for me, so I am just sharing some of them. You can copy me. It’s ok.
1. Take a long shower or bath-by yourself
2. Get a babysitter (hubby, parent, friend, family member etc.) and go shopping by yourself, or go for a walk alone, or spend an hour reading a book you love.
3. During nap-time put in a movie you enjoy instead of always cleaning the house during that time. Or take a nap yourself.
4. Sit on your deck or in the back yard and just enjoy the fresh air.
5. Exercise. Go to the gym if you have a membership, or pop in a 20-minute workout video.
6. Have a hobby. Yes I know it’s hard, but between being mommy and wife and super-woman, you do have to find time to enjoy something just for you.
7. Pray. Nuff said.
It’s worth it. You are worth it. I am a new mommy, so any veteran mommies out there who want to add more to the list, feel free to comment!